Friday, October 14, 2016

Chicken Nuggets

Prep for Cabbage Fried Rice
Recipe Click HERE
Chicken Nuggets

I painted my kitchen Leprechaun Green,
tried collecting a wish dinner wouldn't burn -
laughed when we placed an order out.

Remember dipping my finger in honey mustard -
placing it upon your tongue.  Define the kiss that followed
more akin to hot sauce.

by Margaret Bednar, October 14, 2017

My cooking attempts have greatly improved (I served the above with Glazed Chicken Tenders with Ginger - Recipe HERE)  and lettuce fresh from the garden (the cabbage, garlic, and ginger root were fresh from the farmer's market as well).

This is linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Transforming with Nature's Wonders - Brainy Quote".  I chose a quote from Audrey Hebburn - she had SO MANY great ones - I linked them below.  The one I used is:

"I belive in pink.  I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.  I believe in kissing, kissing a lot..."  Audrey Hepburn



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beginning made me smile and the ending left me breathless

Yvonne Osborne said...

Mmmm, recipe looks good and I have tons of cabbage. I also love the Hepburn quote, laughter, a good belly laugh...so good but increasingly, so rare.

kaykuala said...

I believe that laughing
is the best calorie burner.

Didn't they say 'laughter is the best medicine!' Yes, it works wonders!


Hank

brudberg said...

Ha, actually cooking is too much fun to eat out.. but mustard can be way too hot.

Maude Lynn said...

This made me laugh! I've definitely been there!

Jim said...

Smiles and kissing and
Chicken McNuggets

A nice, fun, poem, Margaret. I smile a lot, ONE of my H.S. nicknames was "Smiley".
I'm going to have Mrs. Jim try putting some honey mustard on my tongue. She feeds me grapes now, I'm getting her trained.
Audrey Hepburn, I've only seen three of her movies, all 60's: Breakfast at Tiffany's; My Fair Lady; and Funny Face. Our library has most of hers for checking out.
..

Carrie Van Horn said...

You have touched on 3 awesome things here Margaret: Hot sause, kissing, and laughing. Love this...and now I am hungry for lunch. :-)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Wow!❤️ I absolutely adore the image of "the kiss that followed more akin to hot sauce." Beautifully executed ❤️

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Hannah said...

Yummy kisses! Love your poem and quote...thank you, Margaret!!