Monday, February 15, 2016

"Folly"

Folly

Desire the crooked curve of his lips,
roving wink, easy laugh.

Delight in his quick wit, repetitive hair flip,
caressing hand down your back.

Distrust everyone else.

by Margaret Bednar, February 15, 2016


This if for "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Sunday Mini Challenge - Carpe Jugulum" using Terry Pratchett's "Carpe Jugulum" "Don't trust the cannibal just 'cos he's using' a knife or fork!" as a foundation.

I think most of us at one time or another have fallen for such a guy/gal... if not, my hat's off to you.

Click on the above link to find poets who have done a far better job with this challenge than my quick attempt.  

6 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love the power of the last line the most. A person who encourages another to "Distrust everyone else" is inviting the individual in question into isolation, to loneliness...

Dangerous "desire", that "easy laugh".

Jim said...

Nice mini about serious stuff. I can join your ranks, saying, "Fun, nice while it lasts, Margaret."
My first steady, serious on my part, ditched me when her previous friend left the Air Force.
..

Outlawyer said...

Ha. Very clever, and the details you choose to show are very real and palpable! Thanks. k.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Desire is blind!

Unknown said...

I found you!!
I have so missed your poetry.

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, how a heart can be fooled