Thursday, June 25, 2015

"Sisters"


Sisters

This as youth we learned:

Link hearts and hands,
rely upon instinct and not a little charm,

loose hair to flow upon open air,
spin freely as summer abundance blooms

embrace mother's words to never forget
how happily together we do skip.

by Margaret Bednar, June 25, 2015


Yes a bit cheesy, but I tried to rise to the occasion for "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Words Count with Mama Zen"  A word list (of which I used six I think) and write a poem of 60 words or less.

We recently traveled to the mountains for the day.  My girls (and a friend) love photo opportunities.  They love to put on summer dresses and pile on LOTS of charm and dance, swing, twirl.  A few ladies in their 60's were inspired and held hands and skipped like my girls were - they ended up giggling and saying how young it made them feel.  Their men WERE smiling as they walked behind them... :)

To get out in the summertime and enjoy the days, to breath in the air, notice the new flowers blooming, the sheep and cows dotting the hills... yes.  I hope they always find time to do this together.  

18 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Absolutely adorable. Happy Summer

Much love...

Hannah said...

Sister love is special. Lovely, Margaret.

Maude Lynn said...

This is delightful!

Jim said...

I love your "Sisters together" tonight. Sisters have a special relationship that other type relatives do not share. The pictures were wonderful too, I like the second the best, framed so nicely through the arch.
..

Kerry O'Connor said...

What more beautiful picture could there be of young girls holding hands in the summer time?

hedgewitch said...

Charming picture (verbal and photographic)of sisters and of love.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sister poem - not cheesy at all.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I think it's delightful.

21 Wits said...

So adorable, and your last photo is just incredible, bravo.

kaykuala said...

Outward showings of happiness is contagious. It certainly made their day. It is time travel for old folks to relive! Great photo shots Margaret!

Hank

C.C. said...

Beautiful photos, a completely uplifting poem, and I love this line: "loose hair to flow upon open air"---it captures the JOY in the piece.

Lolamouse said...

Words worth remembering!

brudberg said...

A wonderful sweet summer tale.. I actually felt like going out and dance myself to your photos.. :-)

Susan said...

I get the picture of a very fine day, fun and sisterhood. I like the note-poem too, about ladies like me in their 60s.

grapeling said...

quite summery ~

Anonymous said...

nothing like sisters

Sweeper of Dreams said...

beautiful, uplifting poem, and your photo/story made me smile. what a lovely slice of life, a sunny lens, in this post. very much appreciated. cheers!

Grace said...

Precious summer time ~ Enjoy it and have a lovely week Margaret ~