Monday, April 14, 2014

"I'll Never Know"


I'll Never Know

Did my four nesting cockles
tumble gently in
beneath new moon's virginal gaze

or were they hurled
within the fury of a west-wind storm,
no moon in sight?

I'll never know.

by Margaret Bednar, April 14, 2014

For Imaginary Garden with Real Toad's - Open Link Night.


For the month of April, I am participating in NaPoWriMo2014 or National Poetry Writing Month.  The website is HERE.

In celebration of this year's challenge, I will be giving away a free book of my poetry.  If you are interested in participating in this drawing, please click the red logo at the top of my side bar and leave your name and a means to reach (blog, email, etc) you in the comment section.



PLEASE INDICATE YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DRAWING OR I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE JUST COMMENTING.  THANKS. 

9 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the photo, Margaret, with the cockleshells contrasting so prettily with the silver jewelry.
K

Brian Miller said...

but you realize they have a story...and wondering about it can be fun....we all have a story...

TexWisGirl said...

so very sweet - and a lovely photo to boot!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I often wonder about the journeys taken by the things the sea washes up.

G-Man said...

Is that YOUR hand Margaret?

Sara said...

I like the suspense and the picture. And I owe you a thank you. We have these shells on the beaches where I live. I didn't know the name of them, but now I do.

What's funny I once took a photo of four cockles lined just like yours are on your hand, only mine were lined up on the beach. In addition, where I go to the beach, we have the same type of white sand:~)

Good luck with the NaPoWriMo2014:~)

Margaret said...

G-Man - alas, that is my 19 year old daughter's hand. She is far more fashionable and able to relax on a beach as I seem to have been watching little ones for the last… 21 years ;P

Anonymous said...

either way, the wind had her way... ~

Ginnie Hart said...

Now that I know it's not YOUR hand....! Indeed, some things are never meant to be known, I'm sure. :)