Thursday, August 2, 2012

Poetry Jam "Just Being"


Would you like to hear me read my poem?


Check this out on Chirbit

Just Being

You neither question,
demand, nor solicit answers

but entreat me toward
indulgent solitude,

encourage me to enjoy
extravagant simplicity,

and convince me to relish
the gift of just being

one.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens, August 2, 2012


This is linked with Poetry Jam - Give a Verb It's Day  And the iPhone photos are scenes from the vacation we took to Michigan!  


9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

'extravagant simplicity' - like that!

like your shots, too!

Mary said...

This poem is so very peaceful. as I read it, I breathe out, breathe in, just enjoying the moment of 'being.'. A pleasurable read, Margaret.

brian miller said...

there is some deep spirituality in your words...and a lot of serenity....

Daydreamertoo said...

There is something quite divine about the simplicity of 'just being' isn't there. Beautiful, pics and poetry.

Scarlet said...

Stunning header and pictures dear ~

I like the gift of acceptance ~

Day Dreamer said...

Simply sweet!

Margaret said...

Early morning or evening... Lake Michigan is a lovely shoreline walk. I highly recommend it :)

Mary B. Mansfield said...

This it simply brilliant! Seems like it should be an easy thing to accomplish, but learning to "just be" can be so very difficult.

Ginnie Hart said...

The images perfectly fit your poem, Margaret...or is it the other way around?!