Saturday, April 21, 2012

IGWRT's Mary's Mixed Bag - "I Promise"

Image courtesy of Google Images
I Promise

God Almighty
I'll never let go
of the stars

I'll make each day count
learn to take life
as a gift

won't give up,
no matter what happens,
no matter how hopeless.

I'll never let go.

I won't wait to die,
wait to live,
wait for absolution.

I'll learn to take life
as it comes,
make each day count.

I got everything I need
right here inside me.
I'll never let go.

I promise.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, April 21, 2012

* * * * *
This is linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Mary's Mixed Bag - Let's Go to the Movies"

Of course, these are lines selected from Titanic which I saw only twice.  Once back in 1997 when if first came out and last night.  I was SO overwhelmed with emotion seeing it last night... I would suggest anyone who hasn't seen it or hasn't seen it in a long time to go see it on the big screen!  I'm "dragging" my husband next weekend to the IMAX version.  He is dreading it, calling it a "chick flick" but I bet he will change his mind... I even bet he will get choked up at the end.

As of now, though, he would be VERY happy to see this 5 second "guys" version:




If you have trouble understanding the line (I had to watch it three times to get it) it is:

"...but the ship can't sink!"

9 comments:

Ella said...

You did a wonderful job capturing the film in your poem~
I love this movie! I will have to watch it this evening~ IMAX should be amazing! It is hauntingly beautiful~

Mary said...

Just beautiful, Margaret. Love the message too. I have resisted going to see the movie again. Saw it back in '97 and cried my eyes out. I really have a hard time watching any of the Titanic coverage on TV right now. Such a horrific experience. And yes, we have to make each day count!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

A beautiful poem and message, Margaret. Chick flick - not! My sister and I went last week to see it again and liked it even more than first time around. Imax would be HEAVENLY. I adore Imax and so rarely ever get there as it is in the City, which I avoid:)Your husband will be most pleasantly surprised.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

That photo on the right from your grandma's 1915 journal is SPECTACULAR! I have my grandma's scrapbook too with some amazing photos of those times - a treasure trove!

Margaret said...

Thank you Sherry... I love the old photographs. And WHY is it I wasn't so blown away the first time... I was emotionally drained last night... sat in my seat for almost a full minute and am still thinking of it.

Scarlet said...

One of my fav movies of all time...I can never watch it and not cry..again....Your words captured it all, specially the ending scenes ~

Susie Clevenger said...

You have captured the film well in your beautiful words. I remember the tears that fell when I saw Titanic and my visit to the tour of its artifacts. Such grief lies in the sea.

My poem was strictly written from my humor.

http://confessionsofalaundrygoddess.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-chocolate-sin.html

Daydreamertoo said...

Oh, I cried at this after seeing it twice. It's even more heart breaking the second time because you see a little more than you miss the first time around.
Lovely movie. Hope hubby does enjoy it, you can weep together and hold onto each other, tight. :)

Ginnie Hart said...

I, too, had only seen it once before, Margaret, when it first came out. Then I bought it recently and Astrid and I watched it. OMG! I know exactly what you mean, the second time around. :)