Thursday, November 3, 2011

"The Kiss Endured"

Image from  Google - Auguste Rodin "The Kiss"

The Kiss Endured

Pleasure fills my mind
to the point of pure madness
tickling, teasing me
Your delicate touch desired
my true thoughts hidden
as I endure my spouse's kiss

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, November 3, 2011

* * * * *

This is FICTION guys... (fyi :)  and also a response to a poetry challenge from "dVerse - Form For All"  Man'yoshu was explained and hosted by Jane Kohut-Bartels (Lady Nyo).  There are three basic divisions of this style of poetry and the one we were to focus on was "Somon", which is mutual exchanges of love or longing poetry.  I chose to do a "Choka" 5,7,5,7,5,7 which is one of the longer versions (six lines).

I'm not so sure how well I did, but click on the link to see everyone else's attempts!  And give it a try yourself - it is fun.   

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

endure my spouses kisses...hmmmm that can be taken several ways....

Beachanny said...

Love play in the springtime of love! Well written; you took me there. This is fun, isn't it? So glad you came by and linked.

TexWisGirl said...

oh lordy!

Anonymous said...

Point of pure madness, that's the fun part :).

RMP said...

I hear a play on the common theme mentioned by Lady Nyo in her introduction to Man’yoshu poetry, "repeated interest in ‘the wife of another’ was an object of male desire."

I think you played this piece quite well. lovely!

Margaret said...

RMP... I think you are the only one that got that while she is kissing her husband, she is longing for another. I guess I didn't quite succeed with this.

Everyone, thanks for the comments! It always makes my day. :)

Mary said...

Margaret, I 'got' it. "Endured" was the key! Her mind was elsewhere.

Brian Miller said...

oo la who is it you see behind those eyes...ha...ok i know its fiction...well spun...smiles.

hedgewitch said...

Fantasies are very good for you--a very nice take on the prompt.

Anonymous said...

Endure is like a beacon...I love it! One I won't forget!

Anonymous said...

Well done!

henry clemmons said...

very kool. a kiss with eyes on another. I believe you captured this form superbly. An enjoyable, inspiring read.

Claudia said...

oh oh - wondering if the husband also has some phantasies behind his closed eyes...smiles...well spun..and glad it's fiction..

Jinksy said...

Whoa! 'Endure' sounds too painful for comfort?!

Margaret said...

Jinsky... It isn't her husbands embrace she is yearning for.. I couldn't find a better two syllable word than "endure" for "put up with"...

said...

Oh, ouch! I love poetry with a surprising bite at the end. Glad it's fiction. :)

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear it's fiction! a wonderful example of the Man'yoshu form ~ you told the story subtly which heightened the impact. love it!
dani

The Noiseless Cuckooclock said...

how creative,
wow, you are blazing a trial here.
:)

Margaret said...

Thank you. I thought this was a real fun prompt.