Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Flash 55 - "Sebastian"


Sebastian

I renamed you Sebastian,
majestic and revered, it fits you to a tee.
Yes, Raven's obsidian son you are,
elegant and powerful for all to see.

Thee of swift and graceful agility;
born Falcon, I can see why.
In Ludse's image freedom continues to soar
on wings of strength, a poetic vision floating by.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, October 14, 2011

The above poem is for my new half Friesian horse I purchased.  He is in boarding at Fiore Farm which is minutes from my house and he and my other horse, Oberon - an adorable Quarter Horse,  keep me and the girls very busy.  You can click on the link above to see Sebastian's grandfather and see his father in the photo below.  

Raven, Sebastian's Friesian father
Click on the red words below the photo and you will be transported to The Horsemeister blog - the day to day operation of a Friesian breeding farm standing the Friesian stallion Raven, by Judy Sceggel.

The above poem is also linked to "Friday Flash 55".  A story told in 55 words - join the fun, I know you can do it!

I also linked the above poem to dVerse "Open Link Night #18"  Over 100 poems will be shared tonight.  Hop over and take a look!


The above photograph is for "The Creative Exchange".  I new the minute I saw these doors I had to get a silhouette of my horse in front of them.  The photo below I linked to "Photo Art Friday".  The only thing I did to doctor it up was change it to Sepia.  I have yet to learn the fine art of textures and such (you will see some nice examples of this on the latter link).




The photo below is Sebastian relaxing a bit during his "colt starting" experience with James Cooler of Cooler Horsemanship.  Sebastian will be trained with Cooler Horsemanship and he has responded remarkably already.  My "Just Horses" blog will follow this and other horsey talk over the next few years.


25 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

he's beautiful (his sire is gorgeous!) and i like your new name for him too!

Rosie Grey said...

What a beauty, Margaret!

Dom said...

He is beautiful.

Brian Miller said...

ah easy to find poetry in such beauty

izzy said...

Well done ! lovely photo and verse-

Tina´s PicStory said...

great shots of beautiful creatures :)

Monkey Man said...

Gorgeous horse.

Judy Sceggel said...

Such beautiful pictures, you are so talented. Feel free to use anything ever from our website www.horsemeister.com or blog
Judy

Marilyn said...

You have the most beautiful horses. I do love the shot in front of the wood doors. Stunning.

G-Man said...

You Picked all the right words...
Elegant, Majestic, and Powerful.
What a magnificent Creation!
Loved your 55 Margaret Bednar.
You are such a Artist.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Log Cabin Studio said...

Love the photos of your new horse...how exciting.
Caroline

ShonEjai said...

Beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous!

Ida said...

Very stunning horse. I loved that first photo.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful horse.
And your 55 is a fitting tribute to him. well written!
Jamie

Pat said...

I love the tribute you wrote for your magnificent horse!

eve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eve said...

I love the pictures, he is just Majestic. Is it Sebastian as Spanish?

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

The image is perfect touched with a hint of sepia. I have a son-in-law/marriage named Sebastien. He is quite majestic too. :)

Thanks for linking up with Photo Art Friday Margaret.

Lisa Gordon said...

Margaret, your words and photographs are beautiful, and so is Sebastian!!
CONGRATULATIONS, and thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange.

have a wonderful start to your week!

lisa.

Anonymous said...

I'm a poet, not a horseman...... and I'm here to praise that incredibly beautiful poem "Sebastian." Especially the second verse Margaret, truly a piece of art.... Though I am only a poet I'm not quite blind...... that sepia photo of him in front of the doors is spectacular.... really beautiful....

Margaret said...

Thank you all for the kind, kind words. I have had a few field trips (dairy farm anyone? :) lately and will visit you all soon!

Ginnie Hart said...

Have I ever told you, Margaret, that so much of your photography totally blows me away...and I mean that sincerely! That first image alone is worth this post...but the others, too, are gorgeous!

Victoria said...

Stunning horse. Horses "speak" to me of power and grace. I'm fortunate to live in a neighborhood across from a couple of fields with horses. It always stills my soul to see them grazing.

hedgewitch said...

Gosh, Margaret, he's just gorgeous. How proud you must be, and how in love with him! His father is just majestic, too. If you actually do dressage with your horses, you have my complete awed admiration. One of the thrills of my life was seeing the Lippizaners' show here back in the 80's.

Margaret said...

Ginnie... Well, thank you :)

Victoria - Yes, I they take my breath away and I never tire of photographing them... the people at the barn must think I'm half nuts! :)

Hedgewitch - I grew up a bareback and western rider. I am currently learning english and my plans are to learn dressage. It will take a LONG time :) I DO love my Sebastian (and my Oberon, a Quarter Horse)