Friday, April 15, 2011

"Intoxication", a Shadorma style poem


Low Country
Painted with fragrance
Senses reel
Peace tingles
Tempting further imbibing
Intoxication

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens, 4-15-11

Kell's daily poetry prompt for day 15 is: Write a poem that describes the wallpaper on your computer or the image on the last postcard you received.  The photo above graces my computer screen and I took this at Magnolia Plantation in South Carolina.    I learned about the "shadorma" style of poetry from One Stop Poetry's "Monday One Stop Poetry Form".   


6 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Beautiful. Your photos remind me of a Monet painting.

Log Cabin Studio said...

Wonderful poem and photos!!
Caroline

Unknown said...

Yes! The words perfectly illustrate the photo. Nice work.

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh I love it. I need to go look and see how to do it!

Justine said...

absolutely beautiful and they too remind me of a monet painting

Ginnie Hart said...

In this one can easily say, "There's nothing like the South!"

"Tempting further imbibing / intoxication."