Saturday, September 25, 2010

17/365 "The Creepy House"

"The Creepy House"
As a young girl, there was a white house that scared the daylights out of me.  It wasn't dissimilar to this one - but not as decrepit.  My friends and I made up all sorts of stories about it and dared each other to run up and touch the house (sounds a bit like "To Kill a Mockingbird" - but I didn't read that wonderful book until last year)  There were times we swore the white curtains moved... and they probably did.  My mom eventually told us an elderly lady lived in the house.  With this photo I played with a number of angles to try and figure out what would make it look a bit more eerie.  I think this slanted view (almost a child's perspective) works.  It was also just before sunset and I used no flash.  There are a few other run down homes and barns I want to photograph.

1 comment:

Justine said...

it's the lure of the creepy house, you want to just go back for more, this is a nice shot and your idea sounds great, look forward to seeing more